Published 11 times a year, CSG’s Stateline Midwest is a publication for and about the region’s state governments, legislatures and lawmakers. It keeps members of CSG’s Midwestern Legislative Conference up to date on policy trends and innovations, includes articles on legislative leadership, examines institutional issues in state government and legislatures, and highlights the work being done by CSG. Many of these articles also appear on the CSG Midwest website.
This publication is provided to state government officials free of charge. If you are not a state government official, the annual subscription rate is $60. Please contact CSG Midwest publications manager Tim Anderson with any questions.
May 2022 Stateline Midwest
- Full edition of May 2022 Stateline Midwest »
- Profile of North Dakota Sen. Judy Lee »
- FirstPerson article by Wisconsin Rep. Christine Sinicki on her legislation to give patients, families the option of requesting cameras in operation rooms »
- Cover article on the policy decisions ahead for states on building the nation’s infrastructure for electric vehicles »
Recent Issues of Stateline Midwest
- April Edition ~ Includes a cover article on new state laws and legislative proposals to boost state recycling rates; a FirstPerson article by Indiana Rep. Rita Fleming on state options for reducing preventable, pregnancy-associated deaths; and a profile of Ohio Senate President Pro Tempore Jay Hottinger
- March Edition ~ Includes a cover article on budget choices for legislators in a unique fiscal year marked by record-high surpluses; a FirstPerson article by North Dakota Sen. Don Schaible on how and why his state has changed its laws to allow for a personalized, competency-based model of learning; and a profile of Iowa Senate Minority Leader Zach Wahls
- January/February Edition ~ Includes a cover article on ideas to address the need in many states for more nurses, a FirstPerson article by Michigan Rep. Jeff Yaroch on a new plan for his state to build up its own stockpile of emergency medical supplies, and a profile of Wisconsin Senate Assistant Majority Leader Dan Feyen
- December Edition ~ Includes a cover article on how new state laws have rebalanced the power balance between state legislative and executive branches, FirstPerson article by Ohio Sen. Stephanie Kunze on a new anti-hazing law, and a profile of Nebraska Sen. Dan Hughes, chair of the Unicameral Legislature Executive Board
- November Edition ~ Includes a cover article on the regional impacts of and lessons learned from the partially closed U.S.-Canada border, a FirstPerson article Minnesota Rep. Ruth Richardson and a profile article of Indiana House Majority Caucus Chair Greg Steuerwald
- October Edition ~ Includes a cover article on policies to expand the availability of affordable housing, a legislative profile of Minnesota House Deputy Majority Leader Liz Olson, a FirstPerson article by Michigan Sen. Roger Victory, and more
- September Edition ~ Includes a cover article on recent school-funding breakthroughs in Michigan and Ohio, a legislative profile of Michigan House Democratic Leader Donna Lasinski, a FirstPerson article by Kansas Rep. Stephen Owens, and more
- August Edition ~ Includes special coverage of the CSG Midwestern Legislative Conference Chair’s Initiative of South Dakota Senate Majority Leader Gary Cammack, as well as other sessions held and actions taken at the MLC Annual Meeting in Rapid City, S.D.
- June/July Edition ~ Includes a cover article on state policies to address rises in prescription drug costs, a legislative profile of Ohio Speaker of the House Robert Cupp, a FirstPerson article by Wisconsin Sen. Alberta Darling, and more
- May Edition ~ Includes a cover article on key demographic trends in the Midwest and their future policy impacts, a legislative profile of Illinois Senate Deputy Majority Leader Laura Murphy, a FirstPerson article by Illinois Sen. Dale Fowler, and more
- April Edition ~ Includes a cover article on the rise of telehealth use and state policies, a legislative profile of Saskatchewan Speaker of the Legislative Assembly Randy Weekes, a FirstPerson article by Michigan Sen. Jim Runestad, and more
- March Edition ~ Includes a cover article on state actions on policing and social justice since the murder of George Floyd, a legislative profile of Wisconsin Senate Majority Leader Devin LeMahieu, a FirstPerson article by Saskatchewan Minister of Trade and Export Development Jeremy Harrison, and more
- February Edition ~ Includes a cover article on state budget conditions entering 2021 sessions, a legislative profile of North Dakota House Assistant Majority Leader Scott Louser, a FirstPerson article by Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose, and more
- January Edition ~ Includes a cover article on state policies to expand school-based mental health, a legislative profile of South Dakota Senate Majority Leader Gary Cammack, a FirstPerson article by Minnesota Sen. Carla Nelson, and more